Level the playing field with the EA SPORTS™ Hitter’s Eye in MVP Baseball™ 2005. With unprecedented control of your at-bat; the ability to move in the batter’s box and the power to read the pitch; master the art of hitting and own the plate with an unprecedented offensive toolbox. Along with an enhanced Dynasty Mode™; you can take complete control of the team with the all-new Owner Mode. Make key financial decisions off the field; dictate ticket and concession prices and much more. On the field; make your run for the pennant beginning in a fully featured Spring Training Mode where you can try out your up and coming stars in a series of exhibition games. With all-new unlockable legends; classic stadiums; uniforms and head-to-head online play*; MVP Baseball 2005 is the most fun; polished; innovative and authentic baseball simulation ever created.
- EA SPORTS™ Hitter’s Eye: An all-new visual indicator allows the hitter to pick up the pitch the moment it leaves the pitcher’s hand. Admire a sweet swing or learn from your mistakes with an all-new enhanced EA SPORTS Hitter’s Eye Replay where you can detail analyzes and attain feedback on your last swing.
- Own the Plate: Change your position in the box to adjust to where the pitcher is working you or keep the defense honest with a bunt for a hit.
- Precision Pitching: Paint the corners or send a message with the new Precision Pitch Meter or catch runners napping with unparalleled pickoff control.
- Enhanced Big Play Control: Make an underhand toss to the pitcher as he sprints to cover first slide around a tag at home and make user-controlled stretches and dives. While leading off base exercise your reflexes by beating pickoff throws with the all-new manual leadoff control.
- Build an Empire: Control every aspect of your organization in all-new Owner Mode. Create your line-up based on player progression during Spring Training or help build player attributes by competing in a variety of mini-games.
- All-New Create Ballpark: In Owner Mode build a pitcher’s paradise or a hitter’s dream. Will you spend your earnings to upgrade your ballpark or to sign that key free agent who could bring you a championship?
- Expanded Minor Leagues: Advanced Single A squads and additional stadiums have been added to round out the list of teams available in the minor league system.
- EA SPORTS Online*: Available for the PlayStation®2 console PC and now on Xbox Live™ users can run the bases against the best online players – anytime anywhere. With new quick tournaments and alerts for important EA SPORTS online events see if you can earn badges and trophies to help jump levels in your online career.